Wednesday, March 21, 2012

The Spillway, or Knife Fight II

Due to the unusually warm weather up here in the northeast, I traveled to a neighboring town with a good friend of mine for some outdoor painting. We took a dirt road to a lovely pond in a rather secluded area and set up (We apparently thwarted the intimate plans of several couples who drove up at different times and upon seeing us, quickly left).
As I was setting up my box easel at the small spillway at the edge of the pond I realized that I had forgotten to pack my brushes. Thankfully I brought my palette knife, which I used for the entirety of the painting. It was definitely an interesting challenge, especially figuring out the order of placing strokes to retain the proper edges. Here is the fruit of my labors:


Oil on panel.

No comments:

Post a Comment